We usually get asked why we don’t support Internet Explorer and the main reason behind this is that only 1.8% of internet users are IE users and it is very unsafe to use.
Internet Explorer is unsafe to use!
I warn all of our clients against using IE as it puts your data- and potentially all of your customer’s data at risk. This is not me being elitist or trendy, nor are we anti-Microsoft.
Here are some reasons, why you should stop using Internet explorer.
- It’s no longer supported by Microsoft
- It’s no longer secure (see the previous fact)
- Only 1.8% of the world uses it (as of May 2020)
- The US government has repeatedly warned businesses to stop using it
- Not a single security expert on earth will recommend it
- Microsoft admits Chrome is safer and is making Chrome extensions!
- Even Edge, IE’s successor, is suffering from security exploits
- Many developers and agencies are recommending a 20% upcharge on any client using IE (or a 20% discount for switching to a different browser).
- Development time increases by 1/3—just to add code so IE can display the site properly